The Champions League has kicked-off, and that can only mean one thing… It’s time for a football feast with friends! Here at Ovenu, we have put together a range of quick and easy recipes that can be prepared for you and your pals before the game.
Pre-match Pizza Bagel Bites
- 1 pack mini bagels (about 10 whole bagels), halved
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 170g white strong cheddar, shredded
- 170g cheese curds, torn into small pieces
- 10 basil leaves, thinly sliced into ribbons
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
How to make it:
1. Preheat your oven to 230°C. Arrange the bagels in one layer on a sheet pan. Place the pan in the oven and toast until just golden, about 3 minutes.
2. Remove the bagels from the oven and top each bagel with marinara sauce, cheddar, and cheese curds.
3.Place the pan back in the oven and bake the bagels until the cheese is melted and slightly golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Remove the bagels from the oven and top with basil, sea salt, black pepper, and a light drizzle of olive oil. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Shrimp Cocktail with A Kick:
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- ½ Tbsp horseradish
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon, plus ½ Tbsp zest and ½ Tbsp juice
- 1 Tbsp Tabasco
- Salt and pepper seasoning
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper powder
- ½ Tbsp chili powder
- ½ Tbsp paprika
- 1 lb 16/20 shrimp, peeled
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ½ small shallot, minced
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp butter
How to make it:
1. In a small bowl, mix together the sweet chili sauce, horseradish, zest and juice of ½ lemon, and Tabasco. Season the angry sauce with salt and pepper and refrigerate.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cayenne, chili powder, and paprika. Set aside. Toss the shrimp in the angry flour.
3. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the shrimp and sear until just cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side. Add the garlic, shallot, ½ Tbsp juice zest, ½ Tbsp lemon juice, crushed red pepper flakes, and butter. Toss to coat and season with additional salt, if needed. Serve with reserved angry sauce. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Scoring BBQ Spareribs
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 Tbsp Chinese five spice
- 1½ Tbsp chili bean sauce (or 1 Tbsp bean sauce mixed with 1/2 Tbsp Sriracha)
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 3½ lbs pork spareribs
- 3 Tbsp honey
How to make it:
1. In a medium bowl, mix the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, rice wine, five spice, chili bean sauce, sesame oil, salt, sugar, and hoisin sauce.
2. Spoon the marinade over the spareribs, making sure the ribs are coated underneath and on both sides. Cover the ribs and let them marinate in the fridge overnight.
3. Preheat the oven to 120°C. Place the ribs on a baking sheet and brush them with honey on all sides. Cook the ribs until tender (a fork should be able to slide in between the bones with little effort), about 2 hours and 15 minutes. Raise the heat to 230°C and cook until the ribs brown on top, about 10 minutes. Serves 3 to 4.
Bring On The Beef Burgers
- 750g (1½lb) minced Aberdeen Angus beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1tbsp tomato ketchup
- 75g (3oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1½tsp salt
- 1tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 hot dog rolls or bridge rolls, plus toppings to serve
- Mix the beef with the onion, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and breadcrumbs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix with your hands then shape into 12 mini burgers.
- Grill or fry for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, cut the hot dog rolls or bridge rolls into thick round slices and toast under the grill. Sandwich the burgers between the bread rounds with your toppings (onions, lettuce, tomatoes, gherkins, small squares of cheddar – whatever you fancy) and secure with cocktail sticks.
Of course if you don’t have time to clean the oven after creating all of these delicious recipes, Ovenu are always on hand to send out a qualified, friendly technician that can professionally valet your oven and leave it looking like new. Contact us today on 0800 140 9800 or email us via email@example.com.