You can use vinegar and water as an all-purpose oven cleaner, in conjunction with the heat of your oven, to steam clean stubborn grime and remove grease stains.
There are plenty of oven cleaners out there, but not all are eco-friendly, and many contain some highly corrosive chemicals that may put you off using them. Thankfully, there is an easy way to maintain your oven between professional cleans, and it doesn’t require the use of harsh chemicals. Follow the simple steps below to steam clean your oven using vinegar:
How to Steam Clean Your Oven With Vinegar: A Step-by-Step Approach
- Remove your oven racks and use a duster or vacuum cleaner to remove any loose debris. Put one rack back in the oven, on one of the lowest shelves.
- Preheat your oven to its highest temperature.
- Half fill a large, oven-safe bowl or pot with water and half a cup of vinegar.
- Place the pot in your oven and leave for between 20 and 60 minutes, allowing the steam to loosen grease and dirt from the oven walls, floor and ceiling.
- Turn off your oven and allow it to cool.
- Once your oven is cool enough, you can wipe off the condensation that has formed on the inside of the oven. Use a clean, dry cloth and you will see that the grease and dirt come off easily.
- If any stubborn stains remain, you may need to try a spot treatment. Make a paste with four tablespoons of baking soda and 150ml of water, add some to a kitchen sponge, and use the sponge to scrub the stains away.
- Rinse your sponge and wipe these spots clean. Then dry them with a soft cloth.
- In the meantime, place your shelves and any baking trays in an oven-cleaning bag. If possible, leave them to soak overnight.
- The next morning, scrub any dirt and grime off the shelves and trays using a sponge and hot soapy water.
If you have a significant build-up of dirt and grease inside your oven or on your shelves and trays, then you may need to repeat the steaming and soaking process several times. Although there is an alternative…
This vinegar steaming method is a great way of removing day-to-day dirt and grime, but it is no substitute for an Ovenu clean. We have the eco-friendly products and the specialist technicians needed to get your oven looking new again, all with the minimum amount of mess and fuss. So don’t delay, get in touch today and let the professionals take care of your oven cleaning needs.