How to Clean an Induction Hob
Wipe a layer of vinegar over your cooktop and sprinkle it with baking soda. Leave your cooker top for half an hour, then use a wipe to clean away the residue. Use warm soapy water and induction hob cleaner to clean off any residual grime or grease. Dry the induction hob cooktop completely before using it, using a microfibre cloth to buff the surface.
Cleaning and maintaining an induction hob is a key part of extending your appliance’s lifespan, ensuring that you get the most out of your investment.
Whilst internal maintenance is best carried out by the manufacturer or a certified electrical goods engineer, the simple design makes cleaning a hassle-free process. Cleaning your induction hob should be done regularly and should be easy if done regularly, as it can’t heat food directly if it falls out of the pan.
What you’ll need:
- Microfibre cloth
- Tea towel
- Non-scratch sponge
- Baking soda
- Spray bottle
- Washing up liquid
Tips to keeping your induction hob clean
- Avoid dragging pans over the surface to minimise marks.
- Avoid food sticking to the induction hob by cleaning down after each use.
- Use hot soapy water and a cloth after cooking to avoid having to deep clean.
- White vinegar can be applied for extra sheen and sparkle.
- Do not use cleaning tools that feature wire wool or other abrasive materials, such as scouring pads. Also avoid using scrapers, unless they have been specifically created for use with ceramics.
- Assess the dirt and grime on your induction hob before you do anything. You’ll need to use different tools or techniques depending on what kind of dirt the induction hob has accumulated.
Keeping your hobs and oven clean means they are less likely to break and will therefore last you longer – saving you potentially hundreds in the long run. See our ‘Danger of a dirty oven‘ blog to see just how important keeping a clean oven is.
Get In touch
If you would like to find out how Ovenu can help maintain your induction hob and keep it clean, get in touch today.
See our Ultimate guide on How to Clean your Oven, for a detailed overview of everything you need to know about oven cleaning.