Updated: 24th March 2022
Maintaining your privacy and your trust is very important to us. We strive to be especially clear on how we use your personal information, if and when we collect it and on the ways in which we can work together to protect your privacy.
This document is for compliance with the Data Protection & Privacy legislation.
- Identity and contact information of the data controller
- Legitimate interests of the data controller or third party
- Purpose of the processing and the lawful basis for the processing
- Categories of personal data to be processed
- Details of whether personal data came from direct or indirect sources
- Recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data
- Details of data transfers to a third country and safeguards
- Length of time personal data is processed and any criteria used to establish the length of time the data is processed
- Data Subject’s Rights (Your rights)
- Right to complain to The Commissioner (UK), or Supervisory Authority (Channel Islands)
- Details of any part of a statutory or contractual requirement and possible consequences of failing to provide the personal data
- The existence of any automated decision making, including profiling and information about how decisions are made
What products and services are covered by this policy?
For the purposes of the data protection & privacy legislation the Data Controller is: Ovenu Franchising Limited (abbreviated to ‘we’ and/or ‘us’ throughout this notice)
Ovenu Franchising Limited is a Company Registered in England & Wales under Registration Number 3751822.
We are also registered at the Information Commissioner’s Office No.ZA225575 and the Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner Registration No. 70907.
To contact us, please write to us at our Trading Address; Unit 3, Station Industrial Estate, Oxford Road, Wokingham Berkshire. RG41 2YQ or use Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose and Legitimate Interests
We will use the information we collect for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Make our Services work for you;
- Provide, operate, maintain, improve, personalise, and promote our Services;
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- Process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Communicate with you, including responding to your comments, questions, and requests; provide quotations and providing customer service and support;
- To confirm any and all bookings made in keeping with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013;
- provide further information about our franchise opportunities;
- Providing you with information about services, transmitting technical notices, updates, security alerts, administrative messages, and occasional marketing messages;
- Providing other news or information about us;
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorised access to our Services and other illegal activities
Lawful Basis of Processing:
General Personal Data:
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject.
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
- The data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for direct marketing purposes. Consent may be withdrawn at any time.
Special Category Personal Data:
We do not process special category personal data.
Categories of personal data and Sources
What information do we collect from you, and how is it used?
You can visit our website without telling us who you are and without revealing any personal information about yourself. To provide full service however, we will most often need to collect some personal information. For instance, we collect information about you when you request a quotation or details of our oven cleaning franchise. The types of Information we collect may include email address, country of residence, your name, postal address and phone number.
|Purposes of processing
|Categories of individuals
|Categories of personal data
|Sales and Purchase Order processing
We do not collect, process, nor facilitate processing personal data of data subjects under the age of consent (children (13)).
Marketing & Newsletter Service:
For prospective client enquiries, having supplied the relevant information, we may contact you as part of our customer service experience, to ensure you received the information and discuss your exact requirements further. We may also re-contact, for example if a quotation did not result in a confirmed booking. Our lawful basis for this is contact and/or legitimate interests.
For clients, we may send marketing information to remind you that the recommended time has lapsed since you last had your appliance valeted. We may also communicate with you should the franchisee in your area change – our lawful basis for this is contract.
For prospective franchises, we will send marketing information in respect of your enquiry about becoming a franchisee. There is a lot of information to be provided, and the information may be delivered over a period of time. We may also follow up on enquiries should we not hear back from you directly – our lawful basis for this is contract and legitimate interest.
Newsletter: We use a commercial application to facilitate our newsletter service. Individuals can sign-up to receive the information – the lawful basis for processing on this occasion is consent.
For our newsletter and any electronic marketing, we ensure that there is the opportunity to unsubscribe on each & every occasion.
For specific information on cookies, please refer to Aboutcookies.org.
Logs: We may record certain information and store it in log files when you interact with our Services. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) or other device addresses or ID numbers as well as browser type, Internet service provider, URLs of referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, information you search for, locale and language preferences, your mobile carrier and system configuration information.
Analytics: We and our analytics providers also collect and store analytics information when you use our Services to help us improve our Services. We make sure this data is anonymous by not connecting any analytics data to personally identifiable data such as a name, email address, physical address or phone number.
How might we share information?
We are not in the business of renting or selling your personal information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we will share your personal information with third party data processors, as set out below:
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement Requests; Protection of Our Rights: We may disclose your information (including your personal information) to a third party if:
- We believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request
- To protect the security or integrity of our products and services
- To protect our property, rights, and safety and that of our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities
- To respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person; or
- To investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations.
We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another person or company. And for clarity, this may include the change in proprietorship of a franchise territory. We will notify you of such a change in ownership or transfer of assets by posting a notice on our website and/or email as part of our contractual obligation to you.
The data controller does not transfer personal data outside of the United Kingdom or European Union. The data controller has ensured that adequate safeguards are in place with data processors acting on its behalf.
Processing by Franchisees
The Ovenu business is run and operated as a Business Format Franchise under franchise agreement between Ovenu Franchising Limited and our franchisees.
The franchisee is obliged to provide Ovenu Franchising Limited with customer data as per Schedule 4 of the Ovenu Franchise Agreement. Schedule 4 of the Ovenu Franchise Agreement is a data processing agreement between Ovenu Franchising Limited and the relevant franchisee.
How long will we keep the personal data?
Retaining some data may be subject to a statutory retention period and this must be adhered to, (to keep certain data for a minimum period of time). This may include personal data (name, address, contact details), but on expiry of such statutory requirement, such data will be destroyed securely. Where possible any personally identifiable data will be anonymised or pseudonymised.
For additional clarity our policy includes:
Customers – 2 years after last order.
Suppliers – 7 years
Marketing and Newsletter – Until advised by you, or you have unsubscribed (details kept on our suppression list to ensure we do not contact you).
Franchisee details – 7 years
New Franchise Enquiries – 2 years
Statutory Retention – 7 years
Above are based on current legislative requirements which may change over time and to which we have no control.
Our backup routine keeps data for a rolling 30-day period after which time the data is removed from all systems.
Statutory or other requirements
We do not process personal data in respect of any statutory requirement nor require personal data to be supplied as part of any contractual agreement other than the franchise agreement with our franchisees however, in respect of the controller’s services, certain communications may not be possible without such personal data being supplied, for example an email to furnish you with updates information etc. or an address to fulfil an order.
Profiling and Automated Decision Making
No profiling or automatic decision making processes are undertaken by us in respect of any personal data processing activities.
Your fundamental rights as a Data Subject are:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right of rectification
- The right of erasure (often known as the right to be forgotten)
- The right to prevent processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automatic decision making and profiling
Under the right of access (2), you have the right to obtain:-
– confirmation that your data is being processed;
– access to your personal data; and
– other supplementary information
So that you are aware of and can verify the lawfulness of the processing, your right to access can be exercised by contacting the data controller as above.
Not all fundamental rights are absolute.
Your right to complain to The Commissioner (UK)
You have the right to complain about organisations processing your personal data. You can exercise this right by contacting The Commissioner as follows:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
Your right to complain to the Supervisory Authority (Channel Islands)
You have the right to complain about organisations processing your personal data. You can exercise this right by contacting the Supervisory Authority for the relevant jurisdiction.
We regularly review and, where necessary, update our privacy information. If we plan to use personal data for a new purpose, we’ll update our privacy information and communicate the changes to individuals before starting any new processing.
Version 1.5 changes.
- Added Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner registration number.
- Added Franchisee Processing section.
- Added Marketing section and merged with Newsletter provision.
- Clarity added in the “How long will we keep the personal data”.
Version 1.4 changes.
- Removed references to specific named legislation.
- Specification of lawful basis for greater clarity.
- Categorised Direct Processing.
- Change Supervisory Authority to The Commissioner to reflect UKGDPR effective 1st January 2021 and Channel Islands data protection legislation.